Science in Agriculture: Advanced Methods for Sustainable Farming   Import  Single ASIN  Import  Muleiple ASIN ×Product

(5 customer reviews)


Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations › View or edit your browsing history After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

SKU: 09113113518 Category:

Additional information


‎ 0911311351

Publisher ‏

‎ Acres USA; Second edition (31 December 1992)

Language ‏

‎ English

Paperback ‏

‎ 370 pages

ISBN-10 ‏

‎ 9780911311358

ISBN-13 ‏

‎ 978-0911311358

Dimensions ‏

‎ 15.88 x 2.54 x 22.86 cm

5 reviews for Science in Agriculture: Advanced Methods for Sustainable Farming   Import  Single ASIN  Import  Muleiple ASIN ×Product


    it’another view to agriculture.

  2. Part time Farmer Ireland

    Good Points: I highly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to be successful as a farmer in the long run. It is a book you will delve into again and again. It provides motivational material to inspire people to enter the noble profession of farming. It provides multiple viewpoints to explain how plant growth can be positively enhanced. It is controversial – in that it explains why today’s farming is flawed and consequently why farmers are going out of business. While the concepts can be complex to understand, the book provides stimulating reference material to guide the willing agricultural professional to transform agriculture into a sustainable and profitable business. I am motivated to put into practice measurement systems advised in relation to crop and soil testing. Also to feed the soil system with the balanced minerals required to improve the quality of crops produced. This in turn transforms the economics of farming for the future.Bad Points: Some of the science and theory is quite complex to understand. Nevertheless there is a good reference list provided for the earnest reader to fill these gaps.

  3. Andy Wilson

    The mad professor with a chip on his shoulder
    This was a hugely disappointing buy. The subtitle “advanced methods for sustainable farming” is highly misleading, for no such methods are outlined in the book. Instead the reader is subjected to an overwhelming barrage of complex and largely unverifiable ‘facts’ relating to what Anderson perceives to be the true cutting edge of agricultural science (apparently in the realm of electro-magnetic activity) juxtaposed with regular rants on the ills of conventional science.The impression is of the mad professor with a boulder-sized chip on his shoulder. Unfortunately, this tended to undermine any attempt at serious discussion. While the author had some good points to make (about mainstream agricultural practices and how they might be improved), these are lost in the general mayhem: the many opinionated comments – “many people do not understand and do not want to understand” – and repeated and annoying use of phases like “keep in mind” when the author feels he has something really profound to say.Far from being an educational tool, the book is so full of highly specialised but often random pieces of information (the weight of one hydrogen atom; the size of the electrical wavelengths of the upper and lower limits of the visible light spectrum in millionths of one inch; and even the electrical resonance of megalithic structures in Ireland) that it leaves the reader in a state of exhaustion, rendered incapable of discerning between scientific fact and fiction.With a decent bit of editing, 90 percent of this book could have been purged, and possibly the remaining 10 percent might make an interesting pamphlet on the more esoteric aspects of agricultural practice.Money back please

  4. Curtis

    Must read
    Amazing book full of great info

  5. Amazon Customer

    Dr Anderson is the man. Went to school with …
    Dr Anderson is the man. Went to school with him at Arizona. Can not put this book down. Mitchell Reid.

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *